Under Pressure Hydrant Exchange & Mains Isolation System
Using the Hydrant Wizard System, the flow of water in the Main is not affected.
A simple Golf Blade Saddle is fitted to the riser between the Hydrant and the Main, through which a small hole is drilled under pressure.
A Mini Hydro® Bag is inserted and inflated to create the isolation. Inflation is controlled by a pressurisation unit using the mains pressure through the Sniffer facility within the Hydro Bag.
When inflated, the hydrant can be replaced and then the Hydro bag can be removed leaving the blade saddle as a future access point when required.
- Isolates 3” to 4” Risers and Mains
- Only the Hydrant or main is isolated
- Up to 8 Bar Mains Pressure
- The flow in the Main is not interrupted
- Hydro bag inflated by mains pressure
- Compact & light weight
- Low Cost Consumables
- Reusable Blade Saddle access
- No independent power source required
- Isolates leaking Fire Hydrants
- No customer notification
- Easy to use – lower labour costs
- Reduced excavation & reinstatement costs
- Lower risk of lane rental charges
- Quick repairs & valve removals
- No depressurising the main
- Sediment not disturbed
- No discolouration
- Calm Networks Approach
- No supply interruption
- No risk of disruption & DG7 noncompliance
- No risk of knock on burst on recharge